Thursday, October 22, 2009

Surviving the Swine Flu 101

It has arrived with a vengeance and the first to go down is Virginia. Yes, the swine flu has arrived at the Balogh house. Ugh! Poor Virginia went from perfectly perky to totally wilted in about 12 hours yesterday. Apparently this pig flu doesn't mess around -- it just cuts to the chase! One minute, we were fever free and a little droopy and literally 30 minutes later we were crying and burning up! So off to the doctor this morning for the dreaded confirmation. The only reason I even took her was because Jeb has asthma and she has previously had pneumonia. The test came back positive. She is coughing like CRAZY and the fever is high and she is sore -- it is really sad. But, the one positive, she is a mama's girl when she is sick. She loves me to sit and cuddle her and that is so rare now! I'm loving that part!!! So Tamiflu, please do your thing and make her feel better soon, but in the meantime, I'll take all the cuddles I can get! Jeb is starting Tamiflu too but poor healthy Ford will just have to let the piggy flu run its course -- the are being stingy with the Tamiflu around here!

Please pray that this moves on soon! We all need some healthy days around here!!!

2 comments:

amy said...

our prayers are with you!

Vicki Balogh said...

Get well Virginia!