I had big plans for Jeb's 4th birthday. He has always been left out of the party circuit and this year was finally going to be his year! But then I got clocked in the eye and the recovery has been much longer and more difficult than I expected. Maybe it is a good thing when you don't know! But finally, after a one week delay, we hosted Jeb's monster party today! And although I didn't get it quite like I had hoped, the kids had fun and most importantly, Jeb had fun!! I had BIG ideas and many of them just didn't happen. And it is hard to be running the party and taking pictures, so they really aren't the best shots.
The theme was monsters. Jeb made his own invitations using construction paper shapes to create monster faces. When the kids arrived, we read Go Away Big Green Monster and used a puppet to tell the story. Then the kids made their own monster puppets with small green paper bags and shape stickers. Next came the play dough. Play dough monsters were all the rage -- buttons, googly eyes and pipe cleaners made the play dough monsters come to life! And a little monster bowling was fun too! Finally -- Chick Fil A nuggets and cupcakes for dessert. Yummy! So here is the morning in pictures . . .
Jeb's birthday fort was a huge hit -- who knew 9 kids could fit under a card table!!!
Happy Birthday Jeb!!!! :)
2 comments:
love that last shot- he looks so sweet!! he is such a cutie... happy birthday jeb!
happy birthday Jeb! have fun with your cousins and aunt ML!!!
Post a Comment