Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Blowing Eggs . . .

I remember as a child going to visit my gramma's neighbor, affectionately known as "Nell Lutz" -- I called her by both her first and last name for some strange reason -- and she always baked and made the coolest stuff!  I recall her blowing eggs at Easter and I've always wanted to give it a try.  Any of you that know me know that I am not so very crafty -- but lately I have felt inspired to try!  So, here are the Balogh kids blowing eggs!

Virginia loved this and was actually quite good at it!  She had a little bit of a tough time getting the tack in the egg so she decided we should "work as a team" and I would poke the holes and she would shake and blow the eggs . . . 
Ford got in on the action too and thought it was a bit disgusting . . . 
It was definitely a team effort!
Then the kids used some cool Paas q-tip paint things that I bought for $1 to decorate the eggs -- these were neat but a little drippy.  I think next year we will just use empty Q-tips and our own paint so we can control the drips a bit better.  Jeb was very serious about his eggs . . . 
And so was Virginia . . . 
Today we bought ribbon and hope to complete our decorations tomorrow so watch for the finished look!  We also bought our first jar of Mod Podge and some other crafty stuff for a few more Easter crafts -- Hobby Lobby makes me a little crazy! :)

1 comment:

amy said...

we blew eggs for the first time too!!