Friday, May 1, 2009

Brilliant Barrettes!

Some seriously cute new barrettes thanks to my friend Sara!  I saw these adorable monogrammed barrettes in Chasing Fireflies -- an adorable catalog if you have never seen it!  Anyway, the barrettes were over $30 for two so they were definitely out of any barrette budget I know of!  So . . . I thought of my creative friend who was making adorable appliques out of felt and wondered if she could copy the barrettes.  Of course, she did and thankfully, Virginia was a recipient of her awesome creativity!!!!  Virginia was super excited to get not one, not two, but THREE adorable "V" barrettes!!!
How cute is this?
A close up!
If you are inspired to get creative, check out Sara's directions at www.thedenckhoffs.blogspot.com.  Thanks so much Sara!!!!!!

4 comments:

Sara D. said...

Oh, you are too sweet! I'm so glad she likes them!! And, I am so glad you gave me the idea...I think they'll be an easy gift for future use!! You let me know if you need any more in any other color combos...i will do it gladly!!!

Also, I tried to do the full name barrettes, but this embroidery machine couldn't get the font small enough. Seriously, the barrette would have been half the size of the girls heads!!!

Tell Virginia that I think she looks beautiful!!!

Vicki Balogh said...

Virginia looks so cute in her new barrette! She is definitely a 'girly girl.'

amy said...

at first i thought you made them.... :)

i wish i had someone who would wear one of those cutie barrettes!

sara you are amazing!

Amy said...

Those are adorable! If I could only get Emma Ruth to leave barrettes in for more than a minute before she pulls them out...

Hope everyone is well!