Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The City Museum

I took Ford and Virginia to the much talked about City Museum yesterday.  I am convinced that the designers were utilizing mind altering substances while creating this place, but the kids and I thoroughly enjoyed our visit!  It is a climbers and explorers paradise!  Virginia is my little thrill seeker and was much more easy to convince to try things . . . Ford is a bit more cautious and required significant peer pressure to join in the activities relating to climbing (dare we say he is afraid of heights -- he was literally shivering the entire time we climbed!).  This is certainly an activity we will have to enjoy on Jeb's school days until he is a bit older . . . otherwise, my crazy boy would be visiting an ER!!  Below are some pictures from our adventure . . .
This is the monstro city climbing area at the entrance to the museum (do you see why Ford was shivering a bit???)
Upon arrival . . . 
Climbing through one of many metal tunnels (can you believe I climbed through too!) . . .
Virginia on the roller slide
Ford on the roller slide
Exiting a tree trunk! (I came through that too . . . miraculously -- it was a TIGHT squeeze!)
Prior to climbing everyone was all smiles . . . 
Virginia was loving it (see how tiny the cars are?) . . .
Ford was a bit more cautious and wasn't letting go of the sides for ANYTHING!
Virginia checking out the airplane (Ford didn't want to climb into this one . . .)
Walking the tight rope and not getting too wet
Virginia got a bit wetter!
The ball pit (unlike anything I had ever seen before!  Check out the size of the balls!!!)
Another ball pit
Some more climbing!
Virginia exiting the Monster slide
Ford on the Monster slide (for the record, I did this too . . . apparently mom's go much faster than kids because we are not smart enough to slow ourselves down with our feet!!!!!)
We had a wonderful time hanging out.  It isn't often that we get a day without a toddler!  We missed Jeb but we are glad he was safe and sound at school . . . needless to say, he will be all about the City Museum in a couple of years!!!!!

No comments: