Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Circus Flora

Today was our day -- a chance for some quality time "under the big top".  This was our first time at Circus Flora and we are hooked!  I'm not sure what my kids liked best -- the amazing jugglers, the crazy horse riders, the hysterical painters, the silly dog tricks, the fantastic tumblers or the awesome acrobats.  They all sat quietly with their little mouths open in awe for the entire hour (well, Jeb opened and closed his mouth as he gobbled popcorn, cotton candy and smarties!).  Circus Flora was a hit and we are already looking forward to next year.  My one suggestion is to order tickets a bit earlier.  We were crammed in a corner and it was hotter and had a little less visibility.  It was a sold out show too so there was no seat switching opportunities.  But even in less than perfect conditions, it was a fantastic morning.

The kids spotted the tent before I did . . . and were screaming with delight before we even got out of the car!
I am proud to say, I even purchased the messiest treat known to man -- ridiculously expensive cotton candy.  They all liked it but Jeb was momentarily in heaven! :)  He would laugh hysterically every time he grabbed a new wad of his newly discovered sugary joy!!!
The popcorn was a hit also and it didn't last long . . . 
Virginia was the only one up for a pony ride.  Ford is apparently too big for pony rides -- he only rides horses these days and Jeb was just absolutely "no way"!  Virginia was delighted by her short pony ride though!
And since the kids couldn't decide on a favorite part of the circus, I will tell you mine -- the amazing woman that hula hooped about 50 hula hoops at one time while still maintaining an ability to look amazingly beautiful and pulled together.  I look like a total fool trying to keep one hoop around my waist and she had them spinning from head to toe while still looking fabulous -- truly amazing!

No comments: