Well, today did not go quite as I had planned. We started the day at Jeb's eye appointment. He had gone at 17 months and they said he was nearsighted and had astigmatism and would probably need glasses by age 3 -- welcome to the family sweet Jeb! Jeb was a trooper -- he took his eye drops like a man, cooperated with the doctor, and even had some fun picking out his new glasses . . . notice I said "some" fun. It all started to fall apart at the optical store. Virginia was tired of being in appointments and Jeb was tired of "let me see how cute you look in these". Not to mention, there were literally 15 other families CRAMMED into the tiniest "kid section" of a store that you have EVER seen. So, we finally ordered some glasses and I just pray they look ok when they arrive -- they had no samples in his color of choice (blue) and they didn't even have the appropriate size for his face in the frame we chose. Good thing they have a 30 day return policy! When our backordered glasses arrive (apparently blue is a popular color), pictures will follow.
Then, we were planning a visit to the pool. No such luck. St. Louis had a major rainstorm at 2:30 today just when we were hoping to head out. So much of a storm that at least 4 trees were down in our neighborhood alone!
Plan B . . . the mall. I decided to head out to Chesterfield Mall (because I needed to pick up curtains for Ford's room at PBK). I thought the kids would be entertained by the pet store and maybe a ride on the carousel -- and if they were good, dinner in the food court. Well, Ford and Virginia had a bit of a different plan. They decided that a little bungee jumping, trampoline bouncing was in order. I couldn't believe they seriously were going to let some teenage boy strap them in a harness to jump crazy high in the middle of the mall -- I was so proud of their crazy idea that I agreed to pay $7 each for them to jump for a total of about 5 minutes. But it was PURE DELIGHT for them. Virginia was squealing with happiness -- not something she does often but such a sweet sound when she does! Ford was cautious, as usual, but happy with the jumping too.
Obviously I did not come prepared for such an adventure so the pictures are horrible . . . but thank goodness for cell phones or there would be no pictures at all! Hope you recognize the blurs!!!



1 comment:
you are such a fun mom. for some reason I totally forgot you guys weren't in alabama anymore.I am just starting to feel really overwhelmed with two kids. and to think you have three! Go girl!loving your blog! your kids have quite the personalities!
Post a Comment